Effective and Personal Management Solutions
Managing Director Insights
March Madness is here. But the hiring Market Madness from 2021 and 2022 is behind us.
2021 and 2022 Hiring Market:
1. Companies made huge offers beyond the salary bands.
2. Companies moved incredibly quickly.
3. Companies hired people without the requisite experience to perform in the position.
2023 Hiring Market:
1. Offers are within salary bands.
2. The hiring process is thorough.
3. People without the requisite experience needed are no longer being offered.
There still is a shortage of good candidates for the open positions that exist, but the gap has closed in 2023 and companies have made their adjustments.
No more over-hiring.
And many people where were over-hired 2021 and 2022 have been released from their positions.
The markets always reconcile.
There is still plenty of opportunity to get a good position though in 2023!
But realistic expectations from both companies and candidates are needed to make these new relationships happen.
Realistic as knowing the perfect March Madness bracket does not exist 😀.
31 degrees, clouds, and showers this evening here in SE-MI.
Make it a good Thursday, everyone!
Jim Guerrera, Managing Director, founded SCN in 2000. Jim is primarily responsible for the development of the leaders at SCN, strategic planning, the hiring and development of company associates, culture leadership, core value leadership, sales le...Read More